

NA Sussex Area Campout Committee

Meeting 14th March 2020

Ade: Treasurer

Matt

James P: Catering

Rody: Transport

Karl

Selena: Minutes

Apologies: Paul, James G

Welcome: Ade

Introductions

Twelve Concepts: Ade

Twelve Traditions: James P

Treasurer's Opening Balance: £448.77

Approval of minutes of previous meeting - approved

Ade: As we have all seen from the Whatsapp message from James earlier in the month, due to family commitments he would like to stand down.

Thanks to James for his service so far (*round of applause*).

That does leave the Campout Committee without a chair. I hope to go to Area but as I work on a Wednesday evening and may not be able to get a

swap I can only do my best. If I can't, I will draft a letter stating what I have just said and asking for a month's window - in the same vein as Convention did - in the hope that someone puts themselves forwards as chair. It is a bit of a concern there are only a few of us here tonight and whilst not buying into the worry of it we need to look at getting more bodies involved certainly after the 4th April event. It is a concern and if anyone knows of anyone who could get involved that would be good.

Matt: F&E fundraiser feedback was that it was mainly attended by newcomers.

Selena: I didn't know it was happening there wasn't a lot of publicity

Matt: We were pulled up at area over positions and time etc and at the F&E we really had to push things and keep passing the pot etc

James: in my mind it is an excellent opportunity for service but it's a shame so far people haven't been involved. Maybe with the weather getting lighter people will think about summer things and get more interested.

Matt: Also, are we going to have a problem with Corona Virus?

Rody: I suggest we draft something we can read out at meetings so it's clear and informative about events and committee positions? I would like to do that. I do literature service here and there and when I do my announcement it would be good to have something to read out.

Matt: When I do my speech it's hard to time it right to let people know when there are so many other announcements.

Karl: I know with so many announcements it can get lost - let's concentrate on people who we know and approach them directly. I know convention

has quite a few members so they can headhunt. Maybe we can try and get it across to other people that way.

Ade: Following on from what Rody was saying, I am happy to formulate an end of meeting announcement - If everyone is happy for that? (*general assent*). I have approached someone who is thinking about taking on Chair and hopefully they will come on board as they have a significant amount of clean time. When I do my announcement on Sunday at Early Risers I will also open up the opportunity for people to offer a donation or buy a ticket even if they aren't coming to the event.

The reality is we have a fundraiser in three weeks time.

The venue is there.

Dave will be back from Thailand for the next meeting before the event.

He's got the music etc. I am going to organise the oven to warm the bread.

Kat has said she will do the soup.

I would say - don't know what Kat thinks but maybe leave it until just before just in case of the C Virus issue. If it doesn't go ahead we don't pay the venue. We will get more of an idea as time goes on. Crawley Unity Day has been cancelled. Following the news we are twelve / fourteen days behind Europe - so let's see. We have enough people around the table at the moment to run the night if we need to.

I've got plenty of drinks/tea making stuff left from the last event.

Selena: My GP said this week that they are expecting a peak of the problem in around two weeks.

James: If things go ahead I can cook up a big batch of Jambalaya

Matt: Will you be funding that yourself and donating?

James: Yes - enough for people to have a sample portion

Ade: No-one should be out of pocket so maybe if we have done ok after we can reimburse you.

Karl: Corona Virus - have you got an action plan for if we go ahead for the campout? That will show we've taken care of the attendees before the event

Ade: we will have a fact sheet of local hospitals, emergency action etc to hand out at registration.

Karl: that will be our procedure so that if anyone falls ill on the event people know they can be at their ease

Ade: we can contact the nearest hospital beforehand and find out what their advice is. At the moment we have to see what happens but at the moment we can function.

For Quiz prizes i've got a JFT, How it Works - we could buy something else.

Selena: who is doing the quiz questions?

James: I can do everything except sport

Ade: I will do Sport - I will send you the format from last time

James: Regarding Corona Virus - at the moment schools aren't closing yet and we have several months and it's an outside venue. Hopefully by then things will have eased off.

Ade: So, we acknowledge that there are things to do but nothing we can put into action at the moment due to the unforeseen circumstances we are experiencing. I will inform Kat of what we've said.

James P: It may happen that one or more of us may end up having to self-isolate. It is worth maybe seeing if we can each find a deputy for if that happens (*general assent*)

Ade: I need to pay the rent for this venue - so everyone knows

Pot passed in line with tradition 7

Requests for Funds:

Karl: £59.55 for printing of fliers - this has been sent to Whatsapp group and emailed to Treasurer as agreed at previous meeting

Treasurer's Closing Balance: £398.02

Date of the next meeting 28th March 2020 6pm Park Hill

Close with Serenity Prayer